The holidays are right around the corner and now is the time to get your business ready for the festive rush. The holiday season is the time to increase revenue, attract new customers and retain the ones you’ve already got! Great news – according to a recent study from Google, 66% of shoppers plan to shop more at local and small businesses. This is your time to shine! Whether you’re a fitness studio, beauty bar or wellness spa, Arbox has some tips and tricks to help you get into the festive spirit.
Step 1: Did someone say freebie?
- Creating special offers doesn’t just apply to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Determine what you’re going to offer and for how long. You may want to extend your holiday deals and discounts into December and beyond.
- Will you offer discounts on products, memberships and packages or have weekly promotions running throughout the month? Consider festive coupons like HappyHolidays21 to drive sales and traffic. Whatever you decide, make sure you get your customers excited about the deal of a lifetime.
- Generate the ultimate FOMO factor by adding a deadline to your sale and use phrases like “don’t miss out”, “limited time offer only” and “HURRY!”
Step 2: Spread the word
- You’re busy enough as it is so now, more than ever, is the time to make time-consuming manual tasks automatic! Through your Arbox platform, you can access Zapier, a marketing automation solution to take care of administrative day-to-day tasks so you don’t have to. You can connect Arbox with thousands of the most popular apps like Mailchimp, Google Forms and Facebook Lead Ads. Through its ‘zaps’, Zapier creates automated workflows, reducing manual and repetitive tasks like emailing, mobile messaging and managing ads. This strategy is the easiest and fastest way to reach the masses and is perfect for the busiest time of the year.
- Send an automated newsletter to promote your festive deals and discounts. Widen your scope through re-marketing efforts. With Arbox marketing and sales tools, you can schedule text messages to reach out to clients you haven’t seen in a while and let them know about promotions and events running throughout this period.
Step 3: Put your name in lights.
- With online sales up by 23% from last year already, the importance of a great website has never been more crucial to your sales and marketing efforts. Get into the festive spirit by bringing a bit of Christmas cheer to your website. Think snowflakes and reindeers on a bright red, green and gold backdrop. *Disclaimer* you don’t need to take it that far but considering your colour scheme, switching your font and editing your business logo can attract shoppers.
- For those tech lovers out there, you might consider choosing some festive CTA’s (call to action) to get your clients clicking. Some popular ones are:
Our Gift: X% Off
‘Tis The Season.
Find Holiday Gifts
Spread Holiday Cheer
All I Want For Christmas Is _____
Shop Santa’s Favorites
Yule Love This
Order Now. Get it before Christmas.
Now for the fun stuff…!
Step 4: Get decorating.
- The health & wellness industry is a pretty saturated market so what’s going to make you stand out from your competition? Don’t dismiss the power of a Christmas tree. Decorating your business gives customers and shoppers that warm, wonderful Christmassy feeling. We’re not saying hang baubles from treadmills but definitely have some Christmas music playing and a flash of tinsel somewhere.
- Studies have shown that when consumers feel relaxed and at home in their shopping environment, they are likely to spend more. FYI the smell of citrus can stimulate spending. The phrase ‘when life gives you lemons, make lemonade’ has never been more apt!
Step 5: Let’s party!
- The holidays are about spending quality time with loved ones so why not throw your own Christmas soiree to bring your community closer together. Everyone loves a Christmas party or a holiday raffle.
- If you’re a gym owner, run special classes to mark the occasion and of course, have all your discounts readily available for attendees to enjoy. This is a GREAT opportunity to attract new customers.
- Get existing customers to bring a friend (or two). The more the merrier! The festive season is all about giving so offer free trials and guest passes where possible.
With these tips, you’re on the way to being holiday ready. Get creative this Christmas with your sales and marketing. We want to hear all about it so be sure to tag us on social media posts.